Gran Turismo Sport is a racing game developed by Polyphony Digital and published by Sony for their PS4 platform. Like the previous installments in the series, the game aims to provide a realistic driving experience and accurately recreated high-performance cars. Campaign, Sports, and Arcade modes are included with both online and offline play. GT Sport is also fully compatible with the PlayStation VR headset.
What’s new in the upcoming title is a focus on structured competitive play and eSports. There will be two FIA-sanctioned online championships, one for countries and the other for manufacturers, with the winners awarded at the FIA’s annual prize-giving ceremony in Paris just like real drivers are. Not only that, players will be able to earn a Digital Race License recognized by real-world motorsport clubs in 22 different countries, according to the game’s producer and professional racer Kazunori Yamauchi.
Pre-order GT Sport before the launch to get the 3-Car Pack which grants instant access to the following vehicles:
The following retailers are also offering additional incentives:
- GameStop: instant access to Chevrolet Corvette C7 Group 3 and Nissan GT-R NISMO N24 Schulze Motorsport
- PlayStation Store: Gran Turismo Avatar, $500,000 In-Game Credit, and Dynamic Theme
- Amazon: $500,000 In-Game Credit
The Limited Edition of GT Sport is priced at $69.99, but claims to contain $129 worth of content, including the game itself. You can decide whether that’s true or not:
- Collectible Steelbook Case
- GT Starter Pack: gain immediate access to 8 cars within various race classes, including GT4 and Rally
- $1 Million In-Game Credit: build and customize your personalized garage with $1MM in-game currency
- Livery Sticker Pack: bonus livery of numerous performance brands and logos
- Thirty PS4 GT Sport Themed Avatars: based on selected GT Sport featured vehicles
- Chrome Racing Helmet: for your customized driver profile
Digital Deluxe Edition
For those who prefer going digital, there’s the Deluxe Edition which costs $79.99 and comes with even more in-game content:
- GT Starter Pack (12 Cars)
- $2 Million In-Game Credit
- Livery Editor Pack
- Sixty PS4 GT Sport Themed Avatars
- Chrome Racing Helmet
After being delayed, Gran Turismo Sport will be coming out on October 17, 2017.