This game was released on May 28, 2013. It is no longer available for pre-ordering; you can buy it normally.
Grid 2 is an upcoming racing game developed by Codemasters for Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and PC platforms. Like its predecessor, it is said to toe the line between arcade and simulation. Chief among the new features of Grid 2 is a handling model called TrueFeel, which is based on real-world specs and driving characteristics, yet fine-tuned to make it more accessible. The game doesn’t have driver assists anymore, but it is still a lot easier to master compared to a full-on simulator.
Pre-order GRID 2 at one the following retailers to get bonus cars and additional circuits:
- GameStop has the Turbo-Charged Edition which comes with two DLC packs:
- McLaren Racing Pack contains the McLaren MP4-12C GT3 Special Edition and two new routes around the Brands Hatch GP circuit, plus a special online event.
- GTR Racing Pack gives you the Nissan GT-R Spec V road car and lets you race in Yas Marina circuit by day. There’s also an exclusive online event available.
- Amazon: Head Start Pack includes the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 GT, discounts in the Car Upgrades Store (in online game modes), and a unique RaceNet bonus. You also get $15 Amazon credit.
- Best Buy: IndyCar Pack offers exclusive Dallara IndyCar and IndyCar Pace Car, two new routes around Indianapolis Motor Speedway Circuit, and an online event.
- Walmart: no DLC packs here, but you get a GRID 2 t-shirt instead!
According to Codemasters, “exclusive online event” simply means that players will have access to the extra routes added by the bonus pack in multiplayer.
Grid 2 is scheduled to be released on May 28th, 2013 in North America.