Summon Night 6: Lost Borders is a tactical RPG developed by Media.Vision, and published by Gaijinworks outside Japan. The game takes place in Fillujah, a Cocoon World enveloped by a mysterious barrier where the three main characters – Raj, Amu and Ist – live in virtual isolation. This changes when strangers from another worlds begin appearing from the sky.
The game is notable for its huge (50+) character cast, emotional story, and a fully 3D battle system. It is also the first installment in the Summon Night series to boast HD graphics.
The first thing to note is that there are three pre-order only editions of Summon Night 6: Lost Borders for PS4, each featuring a different character on the game disc – Raj, Ist, or Amu, in that order:
Secondly, the first print run copies of the game will come with a voucher that can be mailed in for a free copy of the game’s soundtrack CD, which would normally cost $29.99, according to Gematsu.
The game’s premium edition was available directly from Gaijinworks, as well as select retailers, for a very limited time. The following was included:
- Game with Multi-Sided Coversheet, Full Color Game Manual, and Full Color Disc Label
- Dust-Jacketed, Hardcover, Foil Stamped and Gilded 200+ Page Deluxe Art Book that chronicles the Summon Night Series
- 32 Track Soundtrack with Full Color Disc Label in Full-Sized CD case
- 8″ Plush (One of three possible sidekick characters from the game randomly inserted)
- Four PVC Molded Drink Coasters, one for each of the main characters, and one of the game logo housed in a custom box with magnetic flap
- Huge 21″ x 30″ poster
- Foil-Stamped Collector’s Box with magnetic flap
- Serial Numbered Hologram
The Western release of Summon Night 6 has been delayed slightly by the publisher.