This game was released on June 19, 2012 and is no longer available to pre-order. Any incentives that were offered are listed below.
Funcom’s upcoming MMORPG title – The Secret World – might have some tough competition in the form of ArenaNet’s Guild Wars 2, but the game has plenty of unique features to offer. TSW is set in a twisted version of the modern world where every conspiracy theory and urban legend is true, and secret societies (the Illuminati, the Dragon, and the Templars) rule from the shadows.
The game has no classes or levels, allowing you to freely choose from ~500 abilities as well as many different melee and ranged weapons. Players can also pick one of the “deck templates”, each of which contains 7 active and 7 passive abilities that complement each other and create an effective build. In other words, new players will be able to start immediately with a pre-made build, while experienced players will be able to customize their character as they please.
The Secret World pre-order bonuses
Like the title of this article suggests, everyone who pre-orders TSW will get a guaranteed access to the Beta Weekends. These start on May 11 and will take place on most weekends until the game is released on June 19. In addition, the following preorder bonuses are offered:
- Early Access: start playing up to 4 days before the official launch.
- Name Reservation: reserve a name as soon as you place your pre-order.
- Screaming Demon: a ring which gives you an experience boost during the early game.
- A powerful pet (Ferocious Wolf, Egyptian Cat, or Loyal Hound) that buffs your combat abilities in the early parts of the game.
- An exclusive in-game T-shirt with a unique monster design.
The game can be reserved at retailers like Amazon, Gamestop, and Origin. You can also pre-order The Secret World directly from Funcom, and purchase one of the optional upgrade packages which include various bonus items and even a lifetime subscription ($199.99).
UK gamers can preorder TSW at Play.com, TheHut, and other stores. The biggest reason to do so is the fact that the prices there can be significantly lower compared to buying via Funcom.
Please note that these are merely the minimum requirements. As usual, you will need a more powerful PC to run the game on High settings.
- OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 with SP1 or newer
- CPU: 2.6 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent AMD CPU
- Graphics: nVidia 8800 / Radeon HD3850 with at least 512 MB VRAM
- Memory: 2 GB RAM for WinXP / 3 GB for Vista and Win7
- HDD: 30 GB space
Other requirements include a 512 kbps+ internet connection, keyboard & mouse, and a DVD-ROM if you’re buying a physical copy.
This video previews the things to look forward to in the upcoming MMO:
The Secret World is set to launch worldwide on June 19, 2012.