This game was released on February 21, 2017 and is no longer available to pre-order. Any incentives that were offered are listed below.
Halo Wars 2 is an upcoming RTS developed by 343 Industries and Creative Assembly, and published by Microsoft. The game is a part of the publisher’s Xbox Play Anywhere program, meaning owners of a digital copy of Halo Wars 2 can play it both on their console and Windows 10 PC.
Much like its predecessor, the game features two playable factions. In addition to the returning UNSC, there is a new alien faction called the Banished, which replaces the Covenant from the previous game. Halo Wars 2 includes a single-player campaign with 13 missions, co-op, and competitive multiplayer with several modes (Deathmatch, Stronghold, and Domination) for up to 3v3 players.
New in Halo Wars 2 is a card-based multiplayer mode called Blitz. Pre-order the game at one of the following retailers to receive exclusive DLC containing card packs for this mode:
- GameStop: Atriox Pack with powerful Brute warlords. Halo Pin Pack with 3 Pins (5 for Ultimate).
- Best Buy: Decimus Pack, limited edition Atriox figure, 20% off for Gamers Club Unlocked members.
- Amazon: Captain Cutter Pack with a massive support ship, Spirit of Fire.
- Microsoft Store: Professor Anders Pack.
- Xbox Store (digital): Isabel Pack.
Early adopters also gain an additional (seventh) leader for Blitz, Sergeant Forge.
Here’s what the Ultimate Edition of HW2 has in store for $79.99:
- Early Access: start playing four days before the official launch.
- Season Pass: regular updates for more than six months, including new Leaders, Units, Blitz cards, and campaign missions. Also available separately for $29.99. Requires Xbox Live Gold membership.
- Halo Wars: Definitive Edition: an enhanced version of the classic game that you can start playing instantly with a digital pre-order of the Ultimate Edition.
Xbox One S 1TB bundle
Those looking to purchase a new Xbox One S might be interested in this bundle, which is comprised of a 1TB console with a wireless controller, two weeks of Xbox Live Gold, and the Ultimate Edition of Halo Wars 2. At the time of writing, the bundle is available for pre-order from Microsoft, and third-party retailers are expected to follow suit.
Halo Wars 2 is scheduled to launch on February 21, 2017.