Deathloop is an upcoming action-adventure game from Arkane Studios, the creators of modern hits Dishonored and Prey. You play as Colt, an assassin trapped in a time-loop on a retro-futuristic island of Blackreef. The only way to break the loop is to take down eight targets before midnight – but a rival assassin Julianna (that can be controlled by AI or another player) will try to kill you and keep the loop going.
In addition to a variety of weapons, Colt possesses supernatural powers such as teleportation or telekinesis, which should come as no surprise if you played Arkane’s previous titles. He is also adept at stealth, which gives you a choice between sneaking up to your targets or barging in guns blazing.
Pre-order Deathloop to receive the following in-game bonuses:
- Unique Character Skin: “Storm Rider” Colt
- One Trinket (equippable buff)
- Unique Weapon: Royal Protector Machete (PS5 Exclusive)
Deluxe Edition ($79.99)
A Deluxe Edition of Deathloop is available in both digital and physical format. On top of the base game, it offers the following:
- Unique Weapon: Eat The Rich Tribunal
- Unique Weapon: .44 Karat Fourpounder
- Character Skin: “Party Crasher” Colt
- Character Skin: “Sharp Shooter” Julianna
- Original Game Soundtrack Selections
- Two Trinkets (equippable buffs)
- Unique Weapon: Transtar Trencher (PS5 Exclusive)
Naturally, the aforementioned pre-order bonuses also apply.
Deathloop is scheduled to launch on PlayStation 5 and PC via Steam on May 21, 2021. It will remain a PS5 exclusive for a year, after which we expect it to launch on the Xbox family of consoles as well. The game utilizes the new features of the PS5 DualSense controller such as haptic feedback and adaptive triggers.