DOOM Eternal is a direct sequel to id Software’s 2016 shooter DOOM. Upon returning to Earth, the Slayer finds it invaded by demons and proceeds to do what he does best: rip and tear through their hordes. There are new weapons, such as the distance-closing Meat Hook, new abilities, and new classes of enemies with unique attacks.
Another new feature in DOOM Eternal is a Dark Souls-like invasion mechanic where the player assumes the role of a demon and invades the other players’ campaigns. While it won’t be available at launch, it will be added as a free update shortly after. There is also an online 2-vs-1 Battlemode that involves the Doom Slayer facing off against two player-controlled demons.
Pre-order DOOM Eternal to receive a free digital copy of the classic Doom 64 as well as the Rip and Tear Pack containing the following in-game content:
- Doot Revenant Skin for Battlemode
- Cultist Base Master Level: a remixed version of the campaign level “Cultist Base” with new challenges and surprises
- Throwback Shotgun Weapon Skin: bring DOOM‘s original shotgun to bear on DOOM Eternal‘s demon hordes
The in-game goodies, as well as a glimpse of Doom 64, can be seen and heard in this pre-order trailer. Any additional bonuses and discounts from retailers are listed below:
- GameStop: exclusive DOOM Eternal collectible tin
- Best Buy: free SteelBook and $10 in rewards for My Best Buy members with any edition of the game
- Amazon: $10 discount for Standard Edition (Xbox One & PS4 only)
- Walmart: $10 discount upon adding game to cart (standard edition only)
- PlayStation Store: DOOM Eternal official Theme for PS4
If you make a purchase through these links, we may get a share of the sale.
Deluxe Edition ($89.99)
The Deluxe Edition is available both digitally and at retail, and includes the following extras:
- Year One Pass: two campaign add-ons that explore the events that led to Earth’s fall against the demons
- Classic Weapon Sound Pack: throwback sound effects for DOOM Eternal guns
- Demonic Slayer Skin (for single-player and Battlemode)
Collector’s Edition ($199.99)
Lastly, if you’re willing to stump up $200 for the massive Collector’s Edition you’ll receive a full-sized Doom Slayer helmet replica and more:
- Digital Deluxe Edition content:
- Year One Pass
- Classic Weapon Sound Pack
- Demonic Slayer Skin
- Exclusive Steelbook case designed by graphic designer and illustrator Gabz in collaboration with Mondo
- A full-sized, wearable DOOM Slayer Helmet replica
- A playable cassette tape & download codes for lossless digital copies of Mick Gordon’s DOOM (2016) and DOOM Eternal original soundtracks
- DOOM Lore Book with custom artwork by id Software
- “The Gift of Argent Power” 11″ x 17″ Lithograph
Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC gamers can start razing hell on March 20, 2020, while Nintendo Switch owners will have to wait a while longer for the game to be ported.