This game was released on September 22, 2017 and is no longer available to pre-order. Any incentives that were offered are listed below.
Project CARS 2 is an upcoming racing simulator developed by Slightly Mad Studios and published by Bandai Namco. Much like its predecessor, the game aims to provide an authentic and technically advanced motorsport experience. According to the developer, it comes with over 170 licensed cars, 60 locations, full VR headset support on PC, and revamped controller pad handling.
Project CARS 2 includes the latest iteration of LiveTrack 3.0 technology, which powers dynamic weather and road surface conditions, affecting tire performance and vehicle handling in a realistic, physics-based manner. All tracks feature a real-time day/night cycle with varying atmospheric conditions.
Pre-order Project CARS 2 to receive the Day One Edition with Japanese Cars Pack DLC:
- Honda Civic Type R (Euro-Spec) (2016)
- Honda 2&4 Concept (2015)
- Nissan 280ZX IMSA GTX (1981)
- Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Group A (1990)
- Unique racing liveries
Additionally, GameStop is offering an exclusive set of Project Cars 2 thumb grips.
While the game does have an impressive selection of premium boxed editions (Limited, Collector’s, and Ultra), these are not available in the States. Instead, we get a digital Deluxe Edition, as detailed below.
The digital Deluxe Edition costs $89.99, and adds a Season Pass ($29.99 value) on top of the base game. This grants access to:
- Four future DLC packs ($9.99 each if purchased separately), each of which adds eight cars, as well as new tracks, vehicle liveries, and events.
- Motorsport Cars Pack (exclusive to Season Pass holders) which features four race cars spanning 40 years of motoring history:
- Jaguar E-Type V12 (1974)
- Audi V8 DTM (1991)
- Panoz Esperante GTR-1 (1998)
- Opel Astra TCR (2016)
Project CARS 2 is scheduled to launch on September 22, 2017.