This game was released on June 27, 2019 and is no longer available to pre-order. Any incentives that were offered are listed below.
The Sinking City is an action-adventure game with an investigative slant set in an open world haunted by Lovecraftian horrors. Taking on the role of a troubled detective Charles W. Reed, the players will depart for a 1920s city of Oakmont, Massachusetts to investigate a mysterious flood and the darkness corrupting the minds of the citizens.
The game’s world can be explored on foot, by boat, or a diving suit. The investigation system is non-linear, meaning each case can be solved using different methods, and there are different endings depending on the choices made. Digging for clues aside, combat is also on the menu, as is managing the protagonist’s sanity after confronting otherwordly horrors.
Pre-ordering The Sinking City at retail grants an in-game weapon, the Chicago Organ Grinder, as well as Day One Edition bonuses:
- Physical map of Oakmont
- The Investigator Pack (in-game):
- Exclusive Private Investigator outfit
- Permanent access to First Aid Kit & Antipsychotics
- Starter pack of crafting resources
Pre-purchasing digitally, on the other hand, also grants the Chicago Organ Grinder, but the remaining bonuses are different:
- Free download of Sherlock Holmes: The Devil’s Daughter game from the same developer
- 1 extra skill point to upgrade your combat skills, vigor, or mind
- 48-hour early access (Necronomicon Edition only)
Lastly, there are some exclusive bonuses in addition to those mentioned thus far:
- Amazon: $10 discount for the standard edition
- Best Buy: $10 e-gift card
- Walmart: $10 discount after adding game to cart
- Microsoft Store: exclusive outfit and hat Xbox Avatar items
Necronomicon Edition ($74.99)
The digital Necronomicon Edition comes with the Worshippers of the Necronomicon DLC which adds three side-quests featuring the infamous Necronomicon, as well as new monsters to the game. The Investigator Pack (same as pre-order bonus) is also included. And, again, you get to play 48 hours early if you pre-order.
The Sinking City will be out for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC (as an Epic Games Store timed exclusive) on June 27, 2019. A Nintendo Switch version will follow later in the year.