This game was released on October 11, 2016 and is no longer available to pre-order. Any incentives that were offered are listed below.
Dragon Quest Builders is an action RPG with voxel-based block building elements developed and published by Square Enix. A spin-off from the original series, the game tasks the player with rebuilding the land of Alefgard which was devastated by monsters after the hero’s demise.
Unlike true sandbox games like Minecraft, the world of Dragon Quest Builders is handcrafted rather than procedurally generated, and the game has quests and a storyline to advance through. However, there is also a Free Build Mode which becomes available after clearing the first continent. In this mode, players can build with no restrictions and share their creations through the PlayStation Network.
Pre-order the Day One Edition of Dragon Quest Builders to obtain three exclusive recipes for use in the Terra Incognita (Free Build) Mode:
- Springtide Sprinkles Recipe: transform trees into festive Cherry Blossoms and soil into comfortable straw floor blocks.
- Slimy Blocks Recipe: craft delightful blocks adorned with cute blue Slimes (the blocks aren’t actually slimy but they are super cute!)
- Gold Blocks Recipe: show off your opulent side with blocks made of pure gold.
There also is some retailer-specific DLC on the offer:
- Knight Abhorrent & Knight Errant Battle Ticket and Mage Blueprint: using this ticket triggers a battle against a Knight Abhorrent and Knight Errant which, when defeated, rewards players with a blueprint for a Mage statue.
- Vis Mager & Dracky Battle Ticket and Warrior Blueprint: using this ticket triggers a battle against a Vis Mager and Drackies which, when defeated, rewards players with a blueprint for a Warrior statue.
- Green Dragon & Slime Battle Ticket and Hero Blueprint: using this ticket triggers a battle against a Green Dragon and Slimes which, when defeated, rewards players with a blueprint for a Hero statue.
- Tearwolf & Ghost Battle Ticket and Martial Artist Blueprint: using this ticket triggers a battle against a Tearwolf and Ghosts which, when defeated, rewards players with a blueprint for a Martial Artist statue.
- PlayStation Store:
- Dragon Quest Builders block theme
- Retro Building Pack with 8-Bit Brick Recipe, Olde Worlde Wall Recipe, Retro Roof Recipe, and Time-Honored Turf Recipe.
- Square Enix Online Store: pre-ordering enters you into sweepstakes to win a PS4.
PS Vita cartridge
Dragon Quest Builders is only getting a digital release on the PS Vita in the West. However, a physical edition of the English-voiced game is available for pre-order at Play-Asia, and will work worldwide.
The game is scheduled to launch on October 11, 2016 in North America.
Check out our other upcoming action games and upcoming playstation 4 games.