This game was released on October 11, 2011 and is no longer available to pre-order. Any incentives that were offered are listed below.
Forza Motorsport 4 is an upcoming Xbox 360-exclusive racing simulator developed by Microsoft’s Turn 10 Studios. The fourth installment of the Forza series will feature Kinect support for better immersion, and narration by Top Gear’s Jeremy Clarkson. Rumor has it, as many as 500 cars from 80 different manufacturers will be available for the players to customize and race with, each with its own virtual showroom. In addition, the game will have car clubs and support up to 16 player online racing.
The graphics of the game will also be significantly improved. According to the article linked above, Forza 4 will have “graphic fidelity 10 times better than the previous version, including new lighting and shading models”. The impressive gameplay videos we’ve seen from E3 certainly serve to back up this claim.
Forza Motorsport 4 pre-order bonuses
Turn 10 Studios have prepared a number of retailer-specific preorder incentives to entice the fans. Hint: they’re all cars that you can unlock in the game. Here’s a list of the participating US retailers that you can reserve your copy at:
Amazon: Subaru Impreza WRX STI, the highest standard-edition trim in the Subaru compact car line. The STI is recognized as a speed demon on race tracks, winning first place at Super GT back in 2008.
BestBuy: BMW 1 Series M Coupe. Reaching top speeds of 250 km/h, the 1 Series M Coupe is the high-performance version of the famed BMW 1 Series Coupe.
GameStop: Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde, the creation of Italian automaker Alfa Romeo, first introduced at the March 2010 Geneva Motor Show. The Giulietta contains an exclusive Quadrifoglio Verde configuration with a 1.7-liter turbocharged engine that will steer you to victory.
Microsoft Store: Honda CR-Z EX, a Honda’s sport hybrid with an ultra-modern and sporty look, featuring 16″ wheels and tires, low-to-the-ground stance and swooping bodywork. Additionally, its six-speed manual transmission makes it the only hybrid with three pedals.
Wal-Mart: MINI John Cooper Works Clubman. MINI enthusiasts around the world rejoice! The JCW Clubman sports a 1.6-liter four-cylinder MINI engine that has been tuned and turbocharged to push 208 horsepower and 192 pound-feet of torque.
In the UK, you can acquire the same cars by pre-ordering FM4 at the following retailers (thanks to Vince from TeamTeabag for the info):
- Gamestation: MINI John Cooper
- Play.com & Zavvi: BMW 1 Series M Coupe
- Amazon: Alfa Romeo Giulietta
- HMV: Honda CR-Z EX
- GAME: Subaru Impreza
“Ship bonus” car pack
Early buyers of Forza 4 are in for another treat. Turn 10 Studios have come up with a bonus pack of five diverse supercars, available only to those who manage to get their hands on the first production run of game DVDs. According to the official site, the said pack will include:
- Ford Mustang GT Coupe 1965: take to the road in this classic American stallion, one of Ford’s most successful launch cars behind the Model A.
- Koenigsegg Agera 2011: the Agera – from the Swedish verb “to act” – celebrates 15 years of Koenigsegg’s uncompromising philosophy of making dream cars.
- Lexus SC300 1997: a classic personal luxury coupé, the SC300 combines a powerful racer with a 225 hp I6-powered engine.
- RUF RGT-8 2011: the spectacular RGT-8 is powered by a 4.5-liter V8 engine that has been fine tuned to deliver unmatchable sports car power and curb appeal.
- Tesla Roadster Sport 2011: For luxury car fans, the Roadster Sport is electric heaven. Get behind the wheel of this electric two-seater and go zero to 60 mph in 3.7 seconds with a peak rating of 288 horsepower.
The Limited Collector’s Edition of Forza Motorsport 4 comes with a price tag of $79.99 and includes the following extras:
- Polished SteelBook case w/ Forza logo.
- VIP car pack with amazing 2011 supercars (Bugatti Veyron Super Sport, Ferrari 458 Challenge, Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera, Noble M600, and RUF Rt 12 R).
- American muscle car pack (10 models).
- Custom-designed BMW cars.
- Cars of Forza Motorsport 4 Presented by Top Gear, a 96-page volume with both images from the game and photos from Top Gear.
- VIP membership in Forza community.
- A set of vinyl stickers with Forza 4, Turn 10 and Top Gear logos.
The release date of Forza Motorsport 4 in North America is set for October 11th this year. It will launch 3 days later in Europe. Visit the official website for news and game-related media.