This game was released on August 28, 2012 and is no longer available to pre-order. Any incentives that were offered are listed below.
Guild Wars 2 is a highly anticipated MMORPG from ArenaNet. Similarly to the original game, GW2 offers an engaging storyline, no grind while leveling up, and competitive PvP. The biggest addition in the sequel is a persistent world, making Guild Wars 2 a true MMO.
The game also doesn’t have a subscription fee, although there is an item shop where players can purchase optional upgrades for their characters via microtransactions. Don’t worry, though: the items are cosmetic in nature and won’t turn Guild Wars 2 into a pay-to-win MMORPG.
Other interesting features include Dynamic Events (ArenaNet’s attempt to improve classic MMORPG quests), new class archetypes (Damage, Support, and Control), a personal story that grows as you play the game, and slick graphics combined with Havok physics engine for creating a pleasant visual experience.
Guild Wars 2 pre-purchase bonus
The hottest MMORPG of 2012 is available for pre-purchase at select retailers. Three different editions of the game are offered: Standard, Digital Deluxe, and Collector’s Edition. All of these include the following bonuses, provided you pre-purchase the game (paying the full price in advance):
- Access to all Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekends
- Three day headstart
- Hero’s Band ring that boosts your stats (+2 to Power, Precision, Toughness, Vitality, Condition Damage, Healing, and +2% to Critical Damage)
If you simply pre-order Guild Wars 2 without putting down any money, you will still get a 24-hour headstart. Interestingly enough, Amazon is an exception: they are giving away all the bonuses listed above just for preordering.
Prepurchase retailers in the US include GameStop, BestBuy, and GameFly. The official GW2 website has a large list of retailers for other countries.
The standard edition ($59.99) doesn’t offer anything else besides the game and these bonuses, but the other two include a variety of extra items.
Digital Deluxe Edition contents
The Digital Deluxe version of Guild Wars 2 costs $79.99 and includes the aforementioned bonuses, as well as the following:
- Summon Mistfire Wolf Elite Skill: summons a combat pet.
- Rytlock Miniature: a miniature Rytlock Brimstone follows your character.
- Golem Banker: access your storage from anywhere in the world.
- Chalice of Glory: gives a one-time boost of Glory for your character.
- Tome of Influence: a one-time boost of Influence for your guild.
Collector’s Edition contents
Collector’s Edition is the most expensive ($150) version of GW2. It includes everything listed under Digital Deluxe, plus the following:
- 10 inch (25 cm) hand-painted figurine of Rytlock
- 112 page hardbound making-of book.
- Custom art frame
- Five art prints by GW2 artists
- Guild Wars 2 soundtrack by Jeremy Soule
Guild Wars 2 screenshots
ArenaNet devs explain what sets Guild Wars 2 apart from other MMORPGs.
MMO fans eagerly await the release date of Guild Wars 2, which is set for August 28th, 2012. The most up-to-date news about the game can be found on the official website.
Check out our other upcoming mmorpg games and upcoming pc games.