This game was released on May 20, 2011 and is no longer available to pre-order. Any incentives that were offered are listed below.
L.A. Noire is a highly anticipated action-adventure game from the devs of Team Bondi and Rockstar that will be released for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 consoles in May this year.
The game will put you in the shoes of Cole Phelps, an aspiring detective working for the LAPD in the post-war Los Angeles during the 1940s. Violent crimes and drug trafficking are on the rise, mafia controls the city underground, and even the government officials are corrupt. The young detective will definitely have his work cut out for him.
The gameplay of L.A. Noire will involve solving cases of varying difficulty. The players will have some freedom in how they want to go about doing that: investigate the crime scene, interview (or interrogate) people, and so on. There will be different routes available for most cases, and false evidence to boot. Unlike GTA though, it’s not going to be an open-world sandbox, but rather a story-driven game.
List of L.A. Noire pre-order bonuses
There are some pretty nifty bonuses to be had for those who preorder L.A. Noire from certain retailers before the release date in May 2011. It’s a common trend these days for every game store to offer a different incentive. You can see a list of those pre-order gifts below:
- GameStop: exclusive The Naked City vice case where you will have to investigate the supposed suicide of a famous fashion model, and the Badge Pursuit Challenge which involves collecting 20 police badges scattered around the LA for XP and other bonuses.
- Amazon: $20 store credit and the Broderick Detective Suit which boosts Cole’s fist fighting abilities and makes him more resistant to damage.
- BestBuy: the Sharpshooter Suit, which, as you probably guessed, improves Cole’s aim with pistols and rifles.
- Walmart: an exclusive A Slip of the Tongue case where you will have to investigate the largest auto fraud racket ever seen in the city, plus a $10 Walmart.com eGift Card.
- Rockstar Warehouse (directly from the game developers): bonus L.A. Noire t-shirt.
What about European pre-orders? It depends on the retailer, but GAME.co.uk for example is offering the same bonus as GameStop in the US. That’s the The Naked City case and the Badge Pursuit, in case you forgot. If you ask me, it’s probably the best L.A. Noire preorder bonus available – extra mission sounds better than a detective suit.
L.A. Noire official gameplay trailer
Everyone is talking about the upcoming L.A. Noire release these days, and the game trailers can be found all over the internet. Take a look at the third official trailer from Rockstar which shows some of the darker sides of the game and the corruption inside the police department.
Visit the official homepage of the game for L.A. Noire news, wallpapers and other goodies.