Atelier Ryza 2 picks up three years after the events in Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout and follows Ryza on a brand-new adventure. After leaving the Kurken Island for the royal capital of Ashra-am Baird, she reunites with her friends and explores ancient ruins while seeking to uncover the truth behind the mystery of the lost legends.
One of the new skills that Ryza can learn in the upcoming game is swimming. This opens up underwater areas for exploration, including a submerged dungeon, which has plenty of aquatic materials to collect. Charming new characters are also introduced, including the mysterious fairy Fi.
Physical Pre-Order Bonuses
Physical Atelier Ryza 2 pre-orders at select retailers will receive Blue Puni T-shirt and Beware of Puni! T-shirt costumes for Ryza to wear. At the time of writing, this bonus was listed on GameStop, Amazon, and Best Buy. (If you make a purchase through these links, we may get a share of the sale.)
Digital Pre-Order Bonus
Meanwhile, digital pre-orders on PS Store, Nintendo eShop, or Steam will instead get a bonus Nostalgic Straw Hat accessory for Ryza:
Summer Fashion Costume Set
Furthermore, a Summer Fashion Costume Set can be acquired for Ryza and her friends by pre-ordering the game or buying it within the first two weeks of release. Unlike the aforementioned Puni T-shirts and Straw Hat, this bonus applies to both physical and digital versions.
Classic Costume Set
Lastly, a bonus Classic Costume Set will be awarded to players of Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout who have the save data on the same platform:
Digital Deluxe Edition ($71.99)
On top of the base game, the digital Deluxe Edition comes with the following:
- Kurken Island Gathering Tour: progress to a certain point in the game to unlock some of the gathering areas of the previous Atelier Ryza.
- Another Style Costume Set: a set of 21 costumes, 3 each for Ryza, Lent, Tao, Klaudia, Patricia, Serri, and Clifford.
- Summer Memories Costume Set: a set of 16 costumes, 4 each for Ryza, Lent, Tao, and Klaudia.
- Helpful Items Set: a set of four items to help you out in the early game.
- All You Need! Gem Pack: 100,000 gems that can be used for item rebuilds, etc.
Notably, the Season Pass is not included. It can be purchased separately or as a part of the more expensive Ultimate Edition detailed below.
Ultimate Edition ($109.99)
The Ultimate Edition of Atelier Ryza 2 is also available only digitally and adds the Season Pass on top of everything listed so far.
- All digital Deluxe Edition content
- Season Pass containing 12 future paid DLC:
- Ryza’s Swimsuit “Tropical Summer”
- Lent’s Swimsuit “Beach Flag King”
- Tao’s Swimsuit “School Trip”
- Klaudia’s Swimsuit “Black Monokini”
- Patricia’s Swimsuit “White Beach Corset”
- Clifford’s Swimsuit “Ocean Treasure”
- Serri’s Swimsuit “Bitter Chocolate”
- Recipe Expansion Pack “The Art of Synthesis”
- Recipe Expansion Pack “The Art of Battle”
- Additional Area “Keldorah Castle”
- High-difficulty Area “Flame Sun Island”
- Gust Extra BGM Pack
- Season Pass bonus: “Mysterious Book Alchemist” costume for Ryza, based on Sophie from Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book.
All 12 DLC from the Season Pass will be available for purchase separately upon release, albeit at a higher price.
Limited Edition ($119.99)
The Limited Edition of is exclusive to NISA Online Store and comes with some unlocalized Atelier Ryza 2 goodies from Japan and a bonus costume:
- North American copy of Atelier Ryza 2
- North American Premium Box
- Early Access Serial Code for Ryza’s “Sonnet of Dawn” Costume
- Japanese Import Tao’s Research Notebook (Art Book)
- Japanese Import Original Illustration B2 (Cloth Poster)
- Japanese Import Mini Acrylic Character Charm
- Japanese Import Special Clear File (Set of 2) ～Key to the Ruins File ＆ Character File～
Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy is scheduled to launch on January 26, 2021 on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, PC via Steam, and digitally on PlayStation 5.