This game was released on November 20, 2018 and is no longer available to pre-order. Any incentives that were offered are listed below.
Battlefield 5 is an upcoming first-person shooter developed and published by EA. Set during World War II, it focuses heavily on squad-based gameplay, scarcity of resources, and extensive player character customization.
The game introduces several new multiplayer modes. One of these is Grand Operations, a tweaked version of Operations seen in Battlefield 1. Based on real historical battles, it is a multimatch mode which spans four days, with the player’s performance during the first mission affecting the resources received at the start of the next one. Another mode is Firestorm – developed by Criterion Games, it is Battlefield V‘s take on the ever-popular battle royale genre, featuring a shrinking battlefield with 64 players in 16 squads.
A notable addition is the Tides of War system, or Battlefield V‘s online campaign, which will deliver new narrative content over time with themed rewards for completing each event. Unlike in Battlefield 1, there’s no Premium Pass, so the post-launch content in Tides of War will be available to every player who purchases the base game.
Pre-order Battlefield 5 for any platform to receive the Enlister Offer which includes these benefits:
Early Access to the Battlefield V Beta: try the game beforehand through early access to the Open Beta. Be one of the first on the frontlines and witness Battlefield – and WW2 – as you’ve never seen it before.
- Firestorm Ranger Set: drop into the battlefield with a unique tactical loadout including goggles, light battle fatigues, and MKIII(S) Elite Combat Dagger – the weapon for all encounters as you fight for survival. Although inspired by Firestorm (the battle royale mode), the set is usable across Battlefield V.
- Paratrooper Outfit: choose one of eight Special Soldier Sets available in Battlefield V to customize your troops at launch.
- Special Assignments: starting on launch week, earn rewards and get an edge over the competition by completing Special Assignments.
- Immediate Access to Five Battlefield 1 Weapons: unlock five of the Great War’s most modern weapons in Battlefield 1, and bridge the technological gap between the two world wars.
Additional bonuses are available from the following retailers and digital storefronts:
- Best Buy: free collectible SteelBook case (physical Deluxe Edition only) and $10 in reward certificates.
- Newegg: $10 discount on adding to cart.
- Amazon: $10 in promotional credit for Prime members.
- PlayStation Store: a Battlefield V theme (with Deluxe Edition).
The $79.99 Deluxe Edition adds the following extras on top of the base game:
- Three-Day Early Access to the Game: enter mankind’s greatest conflict as Battlefield goes back to its roots: World War 2. Lead your Company in all-out multiplayer with new experiences like the massive Grand Operations and the timeless Conquest mode. Play untold War Stories in the single player campaign – or squad up with friends in the cooperative Combined Arms.
- Five Sets of Paratrooper Outfits: customize your soldiers with five Special Soldier Sets containing stunning weapon skins, camo patterns, head gear, and face paint for British Special Air Service and German Airborne troops. Choose these five Sets from eight available when deploying into Battlefield V.
- Special Assignments: the Deluxe Edition includes Special Assignments for the British Special Air Service, inspired by the unit’s true-to-life raids on German air bases, as well as Special Assignments for the German Fallschirmjäger troops, based on the defense of airfields on the North African coastline. In addition, it also includes Starter Assignments – test your skills on the battlefield and gain rewards.
- 20 Weekly Items with Airlift: receive vital supplies with 20 weekly Airlifts, each containing one customization item.
Naturally, if you pre-order this edition, you will also receive the aforementioned Enlister Offer.
Battlefield 5 will be out November 20, 2018 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC via Origin. As mentioned, those who pre-purchase the Deluxe Edition may start playing three days early, on November 17.