This game was released on November 01, 2011 and is no longer available to pre-order. Any incentives that were offered are listed below.
War in the North is an upcoming action role-playing game developed by Snowblind Studios. Since the game is set in the Lord of the Rings universe, it will undoubtedly be popular among the fans of the franchise. War in the North is actually going to take place alongside the movies, but instead of following the Fellowship as they travel to destroy the One Ring, it will take you to the northern regions of Middle-earth, such as Fornost, Mount Gundabad, and the Mirkwood.
The game will offer three protagonists to choose from: Eradan, a human archer; Andriel, a female elf with magic powers; and Farin, a stout dwarf warrior. War in the North will have a single-player and a co-op mode for up to 3 players, and it will support local co-op (split screen) for 2 players as well. Furthermore, you will be able to call the Great Eagle, Beleram, to aid you in battle – however, it won’t be controllable like the other three characters.
Lord of the Rings: War in the North pre-order bonuses
There’s a variety of different bonuses available; as usual, they depend on which retailer you place your LotR: War in the North preorder with:
- Amazon: $20 promotional credit and an in-game Orc Champion Sword that increases the maximum health of your characters.
- GameStop: Osgiliath challenge map, and an exclusive Human Pack with a 2-handed Forochel Frost Sword which adds ice damage, and a full 6-piece Arthedain Guard’s Armor set which adds bonus Dexterity, Power, and increased EXP gain.
- Best Buy: Lothlórien Challenge map, and an Elf Theme Pack which includes a mystical Elven sword, armor and helmet.
- Target: three exclusive tracks from the soundtrack of War in the North.
- Walmart: an exclusive Dwarf Theme Pack with a dwarf sword, armor and helmet.
The challenge maps offered by GameStop and BestBuy seem the most interesting; or, you could save $20 by ordering the game from Amazon.
The Collector’s Edition of the upcoming Lord of the Rings: War in the North action RPG carries a SRP (suggested retail price) of $129.99 and includes a number of extra goodies. The following physical items are part of the package:
- Ranger of the North Quiver Case
- War in the North art book featuring concept art of key characters in the game, various enemies and beautiful environments of the Middle-earth
- Inside Look: The Music of War in the North – content includes: interviews and footage of legendary composer Inon Zur at Abbey Road Studios and the E3 2011 Concert event, along with three tracks from the game soundtrack
Collector’s Edition also includes a digital bonus, namely, the Ranger of the North Avatar for Xbox Live (consists of a Ranger armor set, helmet, quiver and bow).
The following video introduces the three playable characters in LotR: War in the North.
The game was originally supposed to come out in August, but it has been delayed until November 1st. You can get the latest updates by following @warinthenorth on Twitter.
Check out our other upcoming rpg games and upcoming pc games.