Sakura Wars is a cross-genre title that combines action-based battles with visual novel and dating sim elements. Players step into the shoes of Seijuro Kamiyama, a young captain overseeing the reformation of the all-female Flower Division. Their job? Piloting steam-powered mechs, fighting demons, and during times of peace, producing theater plays.
The game features a fully 3D version of Ginza, Tokyo, which Seijuro can explore on foot and talk to different characters to trigger story events. The interactive LIPS system from earlier Sakura Wars installments makes a return. During dialogue, the player must pick one of the multiple responses within a time limit, and the choice affects the characters’ relationships.
Launch Edition ($59.99)
Pre-order the physical Launch Edition of Sakura Wars or buy it at release to receive the following bonuses:
- Reversible Cover
- Sticker Set
- Theater Costume Add-on Bundle
Digital Standard Edition ($59.99)
Alternatively, pre-purchase the game on PlayStation Store to receive the following digital bonuses:
- Imperial Combat Revue PS4 Dynamic Theme
- Neko Ears Add-on Bundle
Digital Deluxe Edition
Sakura Wars is also available in a digital Deluxe Edition that includes the following extras:
- Legacy of Love Add-on Bundle (a pack of costumes and background music):
- The Flower Division of the Imperial Combat Revue (Sakura Wars 1, Sakura Wars 2: Thou Shalt Not Die)
- The Flower Division of the Paris Combat Revue (Sakura Wars 3: Is Paris Burning?)
- The Star Division of the New York Combat Revue (Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love)
- Charming Accessories Add-on Bundle:
- Glasses Bundle
- Dog Tail Accessory Bundle
- Angel Accessory Bundle
- Swimsuit DLC Bundle
Naturally, if you pre-order this edition you will also receive the aforementioned Neko Ears Bundle and the Imperial Combat Revue dynamic theme as a bonus.
Sakura Wars is scheduled to launch on April 28, 2020 exclusively on PlayStation 4.